Monday, December 6, 2010

Chocolate Chip Shortbread

choco chip shortbread

Apart from leftover egg whites, I had leftover nastar dough as well. Not because of inaccurate ratio of filling and dough, but because I am sort of perfectionist. I tried several different nastar recipe (duh!), and again, found it difficult to settle to one. Actually, there is still one recipe on the list that I haven't tried yet... probably later when someone asks me to bake nastar.

choco chip shortbread choco chip shortbread

By nature nastar dough is a bit bland (though buttery), as not to overpower the sweet pineapple filling. I knew that the dough would not be sweet enough eaten on its own, but I was afraid of overworking it if I put more sugar into the dough. I decided to only mix in a handful (chopped) chocolate chips.

choco chip shortbread

Please click here for cookies recipe (don't forget to add more sugar... and as much chocolate as you wish!)

choco chip shortbread

6 comments:

Chunky Knubby Navel said...

Those are adorable! They're definitely going on my "to attempt" list =)

Whitney

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celle qui Veille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celle qui Veille said...

Hello! I was wondering where is your tempting recipe on the page? I cant find it.. Thanks!

J said...

#celle qui veille: sorry, I forgot to put link on the 'click here for recipe'! It's the same dough used for another cookies, that's why I didn't rewrite it here :)

The link to the recipe is:
http://jkitchenlog.blogspot.com/2010/11/nastar-indonesian-pineapple-filled.html

Please do add more icing sugar to the dough.. for the reason that I explained in the post :)

#whitney, marla: thanks :)

The Urban Baker said...

could these be any cuter? i love the creativity in your photos!