Monday, July 12, 2010
(Eggless) Milk Buns
I initially named my Flicker set "Sweet Buns", but as I am writing this, I realized that the buns was not that sweet. The filling was. Therefore, I changed the title into "Milk Buns", because the liquid part was made of all milk and melted butter; and I also made a mental note to sweeten up the buns next time, if I don't plan to put any sweet fillings inside them.
(Eggless )Milk Buns
140 ml milk, scalded
35 gr butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
25 gr sugar
1 tsp salt
210-220 gr bread flour
for the filling (optional):
1/2 small banana, finely diced
1. Whisk together milk, melted butter, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
2. Whisk bread flour and salt in a bowl. Make a hole in the center and add milk mixture.
3. Mix until combined. When dough becomes hard to mix in bowl, put on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (or use a mixer with dough hook).
4. Form dough into a bowl and put in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1-2 hours or until doubled.
5. Punch dough down and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Prepare filling, then divide dough into 6-8 parts. Fill each part with the prepared fillings (if using), then put on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for another 1 hour.
7. Preheat oven to 180C. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 13-15 minutes.
(submitted to YeastSpotting)