Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yogurt Oatmeal Cookies

yogurt oatmeal cookies

Please forgive me for forgetting where I had jolted down the recipe. And please forgive me for not even remembering that I hadn't blog these cookies. Sigh. Not even 21 and this forgetful, isn't that horrible?

yogurt oatmeal cookies

As far as I can remember, they were made from flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), oil and yogurt. These cookies are eggless, so this recipe suits vegetarians as well. The idea was taken from HappyTummy's Oatmeal Yogurt Cookies, but I had modified the recipe quite a lot to my "standard"s (i.e. reducing sugar to a 1:2 weight ratio to sugar, increasing the amount of oil to compensate reducing the amount of oil, etc.).

yogurt oatmeal cookies

Anyway, the original cookies HappyTummy made looks pretty good, eh? Perhaps you could give them a try. Meanwhile please excuse me to flip through those lecture notes and scrap papers to see if I could find the recipe.

yogurt oatmeal cookies

4 comments:

HappyTummy said...

Yum, these look good! Love the addition of the pepitas!

HappyTummy

Sweeter side of life said...

Hi! This is my first time visiting your blog. I come from Singapore, going to be nineteen after my birthday. I love baking too! I like the way you incorporated yoghurt into these baked goodies cause yoghurt is one of my favourite food(staple) that i have to eat everyday. How innovative! yoghurt cookies : D I am going to try it! Can't wait to know how it taste Thankyou!!

J said...

#HappyTummy: thank you for posting the recipe at the first place! :)

#Sweeter side of life: thanks for visiting :)

Cara said...

I really like the idea of using yogurt in cookies. They look wonderful.