Monday, November 9, 2009
The first proper macarons I made!
Not perfect yet... But I'm happy. At least I'm on the right track. I hope so.
2 egg whites
80 gr caster sugar
80 gr almond meal
100 gr powdered sugar
1. Mix almond meal and powdered sugar in a food processor. Pulse a few times until combined and not lumpy.
2. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar. Whisk until glossy and firm.
3. Fold in almond mixture in three additions.
4. Pipe onto lined baking tray. Let stand for around 30 minutes.
5. Bake in preheated 140 C oven for 15-20 minutes. Quickly transfer to a wire rack or the macarons will stick to the tray.
Use any fillings you like -I had used chocolate buttercream, but I think ganache would be better.