Thursday, November 19, 2009
I still don't really understand whether their original name is "langues de chat" and "lenguas de gato". Those two names seem to get mixed up a lot. The only thing I know is, I had wanted that crunchy buttery cookies, but I ended up with ones that are chewy in the middle. I suspect it's because the recipe calls for whipped egg whites. Next time I'll try not whipping the egg whites before adding it to the butter mixture and see how it goes.
40 gr butter, softened
40 gr powdered sugar
1 egg white
30 gr plain flour
30 gr cornstarch
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a baking tray.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Whisk egg white until stiff.
3. Add whipped white to butter mixture. Mix until almost combined. Add vanilla extract.
4. Sift together flour and cornstarch. Mix gently until well combined.
5. Combine a little of batter with cocoa powder, if using. Pipe onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.