Isn't it annoying? I kept thinking about black forest when I was studying about domain forests for my System Administration exam last week.
So, yeah. I'll bake some for my afternoon tea.
Black Forest Scrolls
200 gr bread flour
20 gr caster sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
2 egg yolks
110 gr water
20 gr butter, softened
1/8 tsp salt
1. Mix bread flour, caster sugar, and instant sugar in a bowl.
2. Make a hole in the center. Add yolks and water. Mix and knead until elastic.
3. Add softened butter and salt. Knead again until elastic.
4. Put in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until doubled (approximately 1 hour). Meanwhile, prepare filling (recipe follows).
5. Punch dough down and set aside for 10 minutes. Grease and line a 9-inch round pan.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into 8 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread filling over dough, leaving 2 cm border on each side.
7. Roll dough up. Cut into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange the scrolls on the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes.
8. Bake on preheated oven at 180 C for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with icing (recipe follows) while still hot.
150 gr cherries (drained weight - please drain well or your scrolls will be soggy!), coarsely chopped
1/2 lemon, zest of
30 gr caster sugar
50 gr milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 - 1 tsp cornstarch (optional)
Combine chopped cherries, lemon zest, sugar, and milk chocolate in a bowl. Mix until sugar dissolved. Add cornstarch if mixture is too runny.
60 gr icing sugar
2 tsp water
Combine icing sugar and water in a small bowl.
This one is also for YeastSpotting.