I guess cooking has played such an integral part of my life that I can't stay away from it for more than one or two weeks.
Oh well. When I don't cook, I don't eat properly. Unfortunately I don't consider buying ready meals an option either - somehow they just seem a bit expensive. Why buy when I have all the ingredients ready at my pantry?
Wholemeal Rolls (with Optional Cheese Filling)
125 gr bread flour
125 gr whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp yeast
150 ml water
15 ml honey
Filling (optional, for approximately one-third of bread dough above):
30 gr cheddar, shredded
3 spring onions, chopped
1-2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add water and honey and mix until combined. Turn into lightly floured surface and knead until elastic.
3. Cover and let rise until doubled (approximately 2 hours).
4. Punch dough down. Set aside for 10 minutes before shaping.
5. For the rolls: divide dough into 50-gram balls.
6. For the scrolls: roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. Spread sweet chili sauce on rolled dough. Sprinkle with cheddar and spring onions. Roll up and slice, approximately 1-inch thick.
7. Cover and prove for 30-45 minutes. Cut a few slits on top of the rolls. Bake in 200C (for rolls) or 180C (for scrolls) oven for 15 minutes.
This bread is going to be my first entry for YeastSpotting.